From experience we’ve learned that it is important to guard the quality of an implementation from an early stage in the project. As the delivery of a project is a complicated process where the project team focuses on the actual delivery of the project, it could be that the overview of the broader picture is lost and sometimes decisions are taken which don’t make optimal use of the standard MECOMS™ functionality. This could potentially lead to reduced upgradeability or performance issues. In order to avoid those pitfalls, Ferranti Computer Systems offers the MECOMS™ Quality Assessment service.
The MECOMS™ Quality Assessment service offers a proactive solution to guard the quality of the solution being designed and implemented. It helps to detect potential risks and issues related to design choices at an early stage of the project implementation, which allows to still take the necessary measures before the project is delivered in order to keep architectural changes and maintenance costs down once the project has gone live.
The MECOMS™ Quality Assessment service assists the customer to build confidence that the solution which is being implemented is the optimal solution and ensures that the standard MECOMS™ product, the frameworks offered by MECOMS™ and the MECOMS™ best practices are used.
In this phase, the Quality Assessment service will focus on the functional and technical designs and check if the right decisions have been taken in order to make maximum use of the standard functionality and ensure the upgradability of the solution.
During the development phase, the Quality Assessment service will focus on the implementation of the project and will check if the development best practices are followed and a stable solution is built.
Also during the operational phase of a project a Quality Assessment can be useful to spot possible optimizations that can still be done and assess the upgradeability to future releases.
The MECOMS™ Quality Assessment service includes:
- Preparation and making practical arrangements with the customer on the planning and the focus of the Quality Assessment
- On site interviews with the project’s Subject Matter Experts and review of the Design Documentation generated during the Design Phase
- Comparison of the functional scope with the original plan
- Identification of design risks and recommendation of possible design improvements
- Assurance that the architectural choices are in line with the product roadmap
DELIVERY & RESOURCES
The design review of MECOMS™ includes the Deliverables and Resources described below.
On-site interviews and review of the design documentation.
- A Quality Assessment report describing the assessed topics, findings, risks & issues and recommendations.
- Walkthrough session with Customer and implementation Partner on the assessment outcome.
The Quality Assessment service will be executed by qualified Ferranti staff and will take 10 MD of effort, excluding the time of the project- and customer-staff.
The MECOMS™ Quality Assessment service will add the following key benefits to an ongoing project:
- Helps to identify and mitigate the solution design risks at an early stage
- Maximize the use of standard MECOMS™ functionality and frameworks
- Helps to ensure successful implementation
- Indicates potential for reduction of time and costs of overall implementation and maintenance efforts
- Check the upgradeability of the proposed solution
This service is available in 3 phases of a product- or project implementation:
Design, Development and Operation.